Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hendersonville, North Carolina

Surreal

A couple days ago in Demascus, Virginia I met up with the Jones brothers again. Dave and Neale and I first ran into eachother in Twin Bridges, Montana.  We rode together for a few days drafting off of each other pushing through forty mile/hour winds, getting drenched and tossed around through a random microburst, winding our way through the gorgeous Yellowstone mountains, and soaking in the Boiling river.  We parted ways in Mammoth, Yellowstone.  Dave and Neale headed East toward the black hills and I headed South toward the Tetons, all going towards North Carolina.  Biking through Virginia I kind of played phone tag with them, then a day or so before we met up, we realized we would both be going through Damascus very soon.  We got to Damascus within five minutes of eachother and rode down to Boone, NC together passing through three states in less than than a day.  We stayed with my friends in Boone.  The Jones brothers took off the next morning to Hendersonville where they have family and I stayed in Boone a couple more nights.  It felt so amazing to hang out in one place for a couple days.  Then I rode the Blue Ridge parkway, following the Jones Brothers to Hendersonville where we will now ride to the South Carolina coast together.  Three more nights on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment