Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More On Random Thoughts

I was logged out of my computer.

Road kill here seems to be messier than other states I have been through.  Heads are smashed, intestines wind down the road, and sometimes it looks like a turkey dinner just pulled out of the oven.  Gruesome.  I know. 
I think the caterpillars here are slower than in Kansas.  I wondered all through Kansas why it was that I never saw any roadkill caterpillars, as many as there where wiggling(very speedily) along the roads.  It was always dead grasshoppers.  I thought they might just be sticking to the wheels of cars, but there are a lot of roadkill pillars in Kentucky, and they are definitely slower moving than the ones in Kansas.

What is with the mile markers here.  I swear that my first two days in Kentucky I only saw mile post markers one through four.  Now I'm pretty sure they at least go up to eleven.  Or maybe it was fourteen.

This is my fourth day in Kentucky.  So far the people here have been incredibly kind and generous.  I have had people pay for my food three separate times, offer me directions when I simply "look" lost, and offer me and tell me about places I can stay nearby. 
The dogs however, are a little less friendly, although, none so far have been a real serious threat.  It's more of a "grrr, bark bark, I'm scary" and some bouncing around the handle bars.  I still have a dog whacking bar that I attached to my bicycle just in case.  It makes me feel safer.

Day light hours are an issue.  I wish there were more.

No comments:

Post a Comment